Indonesia is known to be rich in spices. Besides being used as ingredients for food and beverages, spices are also efficacious for health.
One of traditional drink made from mix of spices is Kunyit Asam that originally from Java. This beverage is good to detoxify your body and for immune booster.
At Kayumanis Resto Jimbaran, we are pleased to share this healthy recipe.
Here is how we make Kunyit Asam Gula Madu:
¼ kg Turmeric
2 pcs Ginger
1 pcs Galangal
100 gr Tamarind paste
200 gr Palm Sugar
2 pcs Lime
½ tsp Salt
1 liter Water
1. Cut in piece of turmeric, ginger and galangal
2. Grind in a pestle and mortar or blend until it is a fine paste
3. Bring the mixture to the boil then add water, tamarind paste, palm sugar, salt and lime then simmer it
4. Once the mixture has boiled, remove it from the heat and leave to cool
5. To serve, filter it into a glass. This healthy drink can be served cold or hot
Now your Kunyit Asam Gula Madu is ready to drink.
Watch how we make it in our IGTV at