Every bride wants to look radiant for her wedding and this often means undergoing different beauty treatments during the lead up to the big day. In Indonesia, it is tradition for a bride to prepare for her wedding with a skin ritual that dates back to the royal courts of Central Java. It involves exfoliating the skin with a scrub called lulur, which is made from natural ingredients. This scrub gently eliminates impurities and leaves the skin feeling silky and soft.
Kayumanis Group SPA Manager, Ms. Nengah Supadmi, shares a simple lulur recipe that can be made at home to nurture the skin for a special celebration or event.
Rice, turmeric, aromatic ginger, ginger and candlenut
* Soak 2 cups of rice in water for 1 hour.
* Mash the rice together along with 2 slices of turmeric, 2 slices of aromatic ginger, 2 slices of ginger and 1 piece if candlenut.
* Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil or massage oil and a dash of water into the paste to achieve the right thickness.
* Apply the lulur paste to the body and wait for it to dry.
* Use circular hand motions to work the lulur into the body as it begins to brush off.
* Have a shower or bath to rinse off and then smother the body with a generous application of body lotion.